Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I Dream of Mark Millar - An I Reads You Juniors Special

Two nights ago, I had a strange dream, and Mark Millar was involved.

I dreamed that someone had built a small comic book store on a large tract of property belonging to one of my relatives.  One day, I stopped by the store and Mark Millar was there.  He was so cool, and he gave me lots of swag from the movie based on his comic book, Kick Ass, mostly posters.

Anyway, I came across this article from The Independent (UK) that offers some detail about Millar's youth and early comic book work.  Much of the article is about Millar's Hollywood experience.  I expected Millar's ego and self-regard, both of which are probably now self-aware, but in the article, he comes across as just a regular-guy-turned-writer.

--------------

No comments:

Post a Comment